Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Apple Nut Cake is in the oven

I got a taste of the batter (I know, I know - Bad Jodi tasting batter with raw eggs) and I'm thinking this cake has promise. I used half all purpose flour and half wheat flour, as I tend to do with recipes of this nature. I dumped in some homemade applesauce, as well. We got it in the oven just in time for Monkey to watch Elmo. Side note - I used my small chopper to get the walnuts down to very very tiny pieces - another minute and it would have been walnut butter - so I don't have to worry about Monkey choking on any.

T knew what was good for him and picked up the dried wild mushrooms yesterday (HA). Since the weather is icky today, I've decided to make the soup tonight. And we'll finish it with a side of warmed apple cake with a scoop of fat free vanilla yogurt. YUM!

I'm hoping to be friendly with my sewing machine today, but I've also got my painting clothes on just in case!

Elmo is just about finished so I need to get ready to give Monkey lunch. Here's hoping I can have a productive day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails