Sunday, December 4, 2011

30 Days of Christmas – Day 7

(My laptop charger AND battery died.  I’ll be playing a little catch up over the next few days now I’m back up and running.)

It’s just not Christmas in this house if there’s no baking involved.

My Country Living magazine finally arrived in the mail this week.  The Christmas edition is always much anticipated by me!

I found a recipe for Chocolate Whoopie Pies in one of the articles.

Chocolate Whoopie Pies?  What’s so Christmas special about those? 

The peppermint filling, my friends.

Chocolate Whoopie Pies w/Peppermint Filling

Of course, the whole point of Christmas baking is doing it with little helpers.  This little helper was quite pleased with his taste testing.

Momma's Little Baker 

Oooh..  Nom.

 Chocolate Whoopie Pies Peppermint Filling

I did deviate from the original recipe a teeny tiny bit.  I rolled the edges in crushed candy canes for a little extra added love.

Chocolate Whoopie Pies Peppermint Filling Crushed Candy Canes

NOM.

Have I sad that yet?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails