Monday, September 15, 2008

Alzheimer's

As some of you may already know, my Pepere (grandfather) is suffering from Alzheimer's. It's a horrible disease, much worse for the family than the person actually suffering it. He is happy and doesn't realize what is happening, but we are forced to watch him forget things and people. And we get to dread the day he no longer remembers who we are, his own flesh and blood.

Currently more than 5 million Americans have Alzheimer's. Unless we find a way to change the course of the disease, 16 million Americans will have Alzheimer’s by 2050.

I want to do my part to fight this fatal disease – but I can’t do it without your help. Memory Walk funds help the Alzheimer's Association advance important research into better treatments and a possible cure for Alzheimer’s. And for the millions already affected by the disease, the Association offers care, education, support and resources in communities nationwide.


I'm participating in the Alzheimer's 2008 Memory Walk in Fort Kent on October 4.

Any donations made to the Alzheimer's Association are greatly appreciated.

You can support me here: Jodi's Donation Page.

Thank you for your support, either monetary or moral.

1 comment:

Country Girl said...

It is an awful disease, my paternal grandfather had it too. I was young and did not really understand what was going on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails