Saturday, September 13, 2008

The waiting game.

Monkey passed a wonderful night last night. Mommy, however, doesn't sleep when we're home alone. After 3 hours of sleep, I needed a pot of coffee (way to try to wean myself, eh?) and a couple glasses of soda (I know - so healthy) to get myself going over the course of the morning.

I was able to at least get myself showered and changed. We've since folded 2 loads of laundry, washed the few dishes that we left in the sink last night and while Monkey napped, I made a double batch of tomato sauce. After all this tomato sauce, we haven't even put a dent into the tomatoes still in the garden. Lucky for me, they've only been ripening up a batch or 2 at a time so I'm able to keep up with them (mostly).

I've lost all ambition on making apple chips. I know I'll regret this if I lose the apples, but at the moment, I just can't do it.

My parents are on their way from their mini-vacation in Bar Harbor. And by this time, T and all of the helpers my father-in-law lined up should be 3/4 of the way through splitting and piling the firewood. Hopefully he'll be able to make it home before Monkey goes to bed.

So for now, Monkey and I alternate chasing each other around the house, reading books (OK - I do the reading to her) and sitting to wait.

I'd love to convince her to take another nap so I could try to take 1 of my own, but I know it's just not in the cards.

1 comment:

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

Busy Saturday! All you sauce is going to taste sooo good this winter, you will be proud of yourself! So, the apple chips wait yet again... there's always tomorrow!

Don't forget to post pics of that adorable costume your making!!v

Related Posts with Thumbnails