Friday, September 26, 2008

Been busy

Monkey and I have been busy bees.

We've been up to our ears in corn (hardy har) and keeping an eye on the potatoes. Now I'm just being corny. We didn't plant potatoes. haha We've really been watching our paper bags filled with tomatoes for the ripe ones. And then, of course, the tomato sauce. I think we've got 5 or 6 batches left with the tomatoes we have left to ripen. I see the end of the tunnel!!

Yesterday, we left our upside down house and played in the yard all afternoon. We haven't been getting outdoors nearly enough. Housework can wait. We took advantage of the beautiful weather to put out our fall decorations. I was tempted to pull out the Halloween stuff as well, but I decided we'll wait for a nice day next week to do that.

I could also hear them harvesting the corn field down the road from us, so I plopped Monkey into her stroller and we went down to watch the red tractor. She was quite enthralled until she noticed the cows in their pasture across the street from the corn field. We ended our little walk Moo'ing at the cows.

It's Friday. That means we'll be running into town for me to drop off and pick up paperwork at the office. This usually prompts me to run errands in town at the same time (save trips to town and do it all at once). There's a few things I need at Sam's (we're out of olive oil for tomato sauce - the horror!) and my contact solution is buy 1 get 1 free at Walgreens. May as well get a couple bottles at that price!

With that, the little one and I are off to pick up our books, get out of our jammies and head on to town.

May you have a productive day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails