Monday, April 6, 2009

A sweet treat review:

Monkey and I made our cashew butter. Seeing as I don't have a food processor, I used my immersion blender with the covered chopper attachment. My poor old blender was not up for the task and died half way through (smoke and all). May it rest in peace.

I then decided to pull out my old Black & Decker Handy Chopper Plus to finish the job.

Well, let's just say my butter isn't very smooth because the chopper started to smell like it was about to blow up, too.

Other than the technical difficulties, it was extremely easy to make. It filled about 1/2 of a mason jar pint and is sitting in the refrigerator waiting to be put on toast tomorrow morning. Monkey and I did taste test and it is yummmmy.

Now a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond is in order to replace/upgrade my immersion blender. And T & I are discussing if we need a food processor or not (I've never needed one before!)

This was a pretty expensive recipe! HA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
We don't use a processor very much, we actually got rid of it, cause it was so big and took up space in the cupboard that could be of more use. What we did is bought a small two cup processor and it works for us in addition to our chopper/blender. Bry

Related Posts with Thumbnails