Monday, April 6, 2009

A sweet treat:

It's been a few weeks since I've done any baking of treats. And I'm still just not in the mood to do any. (No, my sweet tooth has not disappeared, unfortunately. I'm just trying to tame it so I don't have 100 lbs of baby weight to lose for GFT's wedding now that my dress has been ordered. The dress we're wearing can't be let out, only taken in! HA).

A few weeks ago, I went to The Natural Living Center to pick up some granola supplies. While there, I picked up a pound of cashews and a pound of almonds.

A couple years ago (I believe while pregnant for Monkey), we saw Alton Brown making his own nut butter. I told T "We should try that!" At the time, T wasn't as "of the earth" as he is now (what a difference a few years makes) so he looked at me like I had 3 heads and said "If you want, go for it." I was still working very full time so I never got around to it.

Enter the peanut butter recalls of this winter. Guess what T suggested? That's right. "Let's try making some cashew butter!" So I rolled my eyes at him, reminded him he thought I had 3 heads and said "Let's do it."

Unfortunately, we can no longer find Alton Brown's recipes online. We did find a recipe for cashew butter from Emeril Lagasse.

So Monkey and I are going to give it a whirl this morning while our batch of granola is in the oven.

1 comment:

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

I just saw a rerun of that episode the other night. Wish I could remember the recipe... it did look really good! Let me know how it works out for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails