Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lunch time ramblings

It's that time of week again!

My ski pants are too tight in the waist. I discovered this yesterday when T got home early from work so pulled out Monkey's sled and our snowshoes. We started working on beating down the trail around our yard. I had to leave my ski pants unbuttoned (the old rubber band trick might work, but I'd think out in the cold, the rubber band would just snap). My Mom says she may have an extra pair of my Dad's (or even brother's) lying around at home. She's going to check tonight. Cross your fingers because I hate to buy a pair for just a few months of use.

I feel like I'm not being productive enough. Monkey always distracts me in the middle of anything I'm working on. Monkey's not the problem, though. I just never have the ambition to get back into it whenever we finish playing. I do try to involve her so she's "helping" me so I can get more done, but it doesn't always work. Yes, I still have two bridesmaid dresses sitting in my closet, yet to be listed on Craigslist. I did finally manage to get pictures of them, though (see? That half finished thing because I never got back to it).

I really wish we could put new cabinets in our kitchen. It's so low priority, though. We're talking about it. We need to price it out. But I don't think we should be doing it this year. A new computer should be tops on the expensive "want" list.

My to-do list never seems to shrink. This goes back to the not being productive enough.

I hate how I so completely run out of energy by dinner time. T gets home from work and I'm almost a puddle of goo on the floor from lack of energy. Maybe it's because making dinner is such a big job now. Monkey is standing on her chair "helping" - and it requires my having to step around the chair, push the chair back when she's reaching too closely to a hot pan, grabbing for the knife just as she wraps her hands around the handle, etc. It's more of a work out than going to the gym. (Again - she's not the problem. I just need to learn how to get us set up so I get less of a workout).

I guess I'm having a Negative Nelly day today.

Ok - here's some positive.

Weather permitting, we want to take Monkey to Portland this weekend. We aren't doing any planned traveling until fall, so this will be a nice day out of town.

Also, again, weather permitting, we are taking Monkey to the 100 Mile Wilderness Race because we won't be going to Can-Am this year. We really think she'd enjoy seeing the dogs. And this year, it won't interrupt nap time (meaning, she won't fall asleep the minute we get into town to see the dogs!).

My sandwich is gone. Time to get back to work.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails