Friday, January 2, 2009

The tree is gone

I put in nearly 7 hours of time for work yesterday. Since T was home, I figured I'd rather get a good chunk of work done now and have most of the weekend free for family time that doesn't involve travel!

Afterwards, I had just enough time to take the tree down so T could haul it outdoors before I had to throw dinner together. I thought he'd hauled it to the back of the house, so I was quite surprised to see it lying on my front steps this morning!

Christmas just doesn't want to leave my house. I've been trying to find a place for all of the new toys and books Monkey received. They're still scattered through the living room and her bedroom. I attempted to tame some of it last night by tossing them all into a laundry basket so they aren't all over the floor, at least.

It's time for me to think about some creative storage. Monkey's bookshelf is already full, but with some creative solutions, I'm sure we can fit more on it (even if it requires putting the Little Golden Books into the closet where she can't reach them.. which isn't a bad thing because they are too easy for her to rip apart!). Ideas would be appreciated.

And I haven't even unpacked the clean clothes from my suitcase from last weekend yet!!

It's going to be a busy day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails