Friday, January 9, 2009

My mental health is in question

Both my husband and my mother questioned my mental health yesterday.

While we were sitting to dinner, T asked me what was wrong. "What's with all this nesting? It's not like you're giving birth soon. Relax! We've got plenty of time!"

Later, I spoke to my mother via instant messaging. She told me "I'm starting to think you're going crazy!"

This was after they found out what I did during Monkey's nap yesterday:

I organized my closet so I could fit my fancy dresses from the spare closet.

I emptied one drawer in my dresser and put sweaters into my closet (I need to downsize my dresser when we empty the spare bedroom because my current dresser won't fit in our bedroom).

While working in my clothes, I pulled my maternity clothes out and put them into rotation (specifically, pants!! I only have 2 pairs of regular pants that still fit comfortably.).

I emptied the cedar chest at the foot of my bed. I put the things I had for Monkey in her closet (the empty bin on her top shelf is no longer empty). I put a few decor items I've been holding onto for my bedroom re-model under my bed. And I just have to figure out where to store Monkey's Halloween costumes.

I then was able to pull all of our big spare blankets out of the spare closet and store them in the cedar chest.

So, yes, I over did it yesterday. But I still never put more than an hour into these projects at a time. And they need to be done. What's wrong with doing it now instead of procrastinating and waiting until New Bean is here?

Monkey is finishing up her cereal and I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee. Then we're heading into town. I need to go to the office and I'm taking this opportunity to hit Target again for a few more storage solutions.

Because, yes, I do have another small project for today's nap time.

1 comment:

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

Your not crazy! This time of year always gets me into an organizational mood. I think it's normal that you want to do it now. It must be even more intense for you since you have that nagging voice in the back of your head repeating "the baby is coming".
When you start 6 hour marathon cleaning frenzies with a toothbrush then I'll worry! LOL!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails