Monday, January 12, 2009

This week's new recipe

I guess I should start off by saying the Tetrazzini last week was really good. I didn't give it enough time to thicken so it was more like soup, but it was perfect reheated the next day. It was one of Rachel's 30 minute meals, but it took me a little longer to prepare (maybe 40 minutes - still not bad). This one will be going into rotation.

Yesterday, I was finally able to sit down to finish my recent Parents magazine. Every now and again, I find a really yummy looking recipe with them. They gear their recipes towards getting your children to eat. This isn't a problem I suffer from (she may be tiny, but the child loves to eat).


I saw a recipe for Shrimp Nests (seen above - photo from Parents.com) and decided to rip it out. Being pregnant makes me crave things and just seeing the picture (the one in the print magazine looked tastier than the one online) made me want it NOW. I can be patient and have it later this week instead!

Bonus? The recipe says it takes only 10 minutes to prepare!

I'll have a side of salad (along with seafood - my other big craving) and garlic bread with that, please.

In the words of Monkey... "Nommy nom."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails